<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

 
A New Low

Assuming this account is accurate, I would say that at least one member of the US Media has sunk to just below pond scum (hat tip: Evan):

A British reporter says a U.S. journalist in Baghdad told him she wants to see more Iraqis die so President Bush will be thrown out of office in November.

...more...

"Startled by her candor," said Herndon, "I asked whether thousands more dead Iraqis would be a good thing."

The British journalist said, "She nodded and mumbled something about Bush needing to go."

He then suggest to her that by this logic another Sept. 11 attack, on about Sept. 11, would be perfect for pushing up John Kerry's poll numbers.

"Well, that's different — that would be Americans," she said, haltingly, according to Harnden. "I guess I'm a bit of an isolationist."


This would be absolutely astounding if it weren't so obvious from what we read between the lines every day. Part of me hopes that this isn't true, or that it's at least an exaggeration. However, I tend to think that these views are most likely held close to the chest by many who simply hate President Bush. It's scary and quite disgusting.

I say turn away from the traditional Media as much as possible and check everything against as many sources as are available. More than ever it is up to individuals to actually think for themselves and try to distill the truth from the copious lies handed down from on-high every day.

Update:

Glenn has some great comments on a related topic. Here's a bit:

What's most bothersome to me is that the anti-Bush stance adopted by most media organizations makes their reporting less useful to those of us who are trying to figure out what's going on, and makes the Administration, and its supporters, tend to tune it all out, possibly causing them to miss important information. I don't know what to do about it, except to try to point out the stuff that it seems they're missing.

I agree. I tend to either ignore CNN or watch it incredulously until I see their opinions supported by copious data. I just don't feel like the Media can be trusted anymore (as if you couldn't guess from this, that, the other thing and even this, just to name a few =)). I suppose that they never could be trusted...it's just easier to see that now. Unfortunately, it's not necessarily easier to figure out what the heck is really going on.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?