<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Friday, May 14, 2004

 
Feedback on the Nick Berg Video

Here is an email that I received on the video:

To answer the question of what I think ...

I think the very same thing I thought after I saw the video clip of the SUV burning in Fallujah on CNN. In that clip, I got a glimpse of a human being burning alive - the driver of the SUV. As he followed his human instinct, waving his arms to get out of the flames, a young Iraqi (guessing 20's) was poking a stick (or something similar), while he cheers, through the vehicle at this Americans burning body .

As I watched that clip of the contractors, I was paralyzed, both inside and out - for more than one reason. One reason is the obvious - to this day I do not understand how one human being watches another human being suffering and do nothing to help -- much less cheer at such a horrible death. The other reason, for me, was that, I knew the video clip I was watching was of an American contractor, but I didn't know who.

My boyfriend is an American contractor in Iraq - who tells me he usually drives when they are on missions... For a brief moment, I saw the driver of the SUV burning alive - knowing my boyfriend was a contractor and usually drove - no words I have can tell anyone what that feeling was like - But my heart aches for what the friends and family of the Berg's must be going through. For the longest time, even after I got word from him that he was okay, that image flashed through my mind over and over again and sometimes still does.

...more...

World Peace really does sound like a wonderful thing - but who the hell are we kidding? World Peace is fantasy - a form of denial to what is real - because just like this video of Nick Berg, the majority of human beings cannot fathom the thought of standing over another human being and cutting his head off just to prove a point or just because we can -- not even to mention doing it in God's name (no wonder so many of the people that don't know God don't like him!).

This isn't Superman or Isis... Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.
There is no "nice" way to rid the world of people like Bin Laden, Saddam, Zarqawi, just to name a few. I believe we (America) has all the information, power, and money we need to take these people out - But Americans will not tolerate the reality of what needs to be done - because as you know, those animals have rights too! Like Saddam, for instance. Why is he still using up the air we breathe? Because he has rights? Sorry, but in my book, he used his up a long, long time ago. Spending a dime on a next meal for any of them is too much... whoever finds them, pull the trigger and have us all out of our misery. While some may say that would be too easy for them, screw that, let's just do what is easiest and cheapest for US and have it done with so we can get on to other things.

...more...

People can blow all they want to about how this, that, and the other thing is Bush's fault or Rumsfeld's fault. BS! As far as I'm concerned, they have more guts than anyone in the Whitehouse I've ever seen and they are doing a damn fine job! America has no one to blame but themselves - for allowing the political stupidity of Democrat vs. Republican to be of greater importance than the lives of the people that are dying to give them something to fight over on capital hill... which has been proven with the deaths of those American contractors and Nick Berg. A bunch of naked Iraqis has gotten more of their attention than all 5 of OUR OWN put together!

As for Nick Berg - I will hear those screams for a long time to come. I can only hope that those on Capital Hill will hear those screams tonight as they sleep - and for many nights to come. I hope those screams will deliver a message that his brutal death represents what our children and grandchildren for generations to come, both Republican and Democrat, are sure to face if this job isn't finished - finished right and finished fast.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?