<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Thursday, May 13, 2004

 
Thank You Wizbang

I would like to share one last thought on the Nick Berg video. As I indicated earlier, I think that everyone should watch this horrifying footage for the simple reason that we should not hide from reality. I understand the desire to not be exposed to such images, but the fact remains that if these animals had their way my head would also be unceremoniously removed from my shoulders.

Obviously, this video has made it around the internet despite the best efforts of the Media to stop it. When reporting on this story, they have (with the amazing exception of NPR) not provided the name of the website that originally posted this video. To some extent, I can understand the decision to not actually show the video on TV, but the decision to not provide information that would allow individuals to make their own choice about viewing it is indefensible.

This only reinforces my opinion that the traditional Media thinks they’re better than the rest of us. Are they tougher that me? Do they have more of a right to see the world as it really is? Or, rather, do they have a responsibility to report to me the reality of the world?

If horrible things like this are going to happen in the world then I thank God for the medium that has given us all the ability to see beyond the namby-pamby filter that our Media places on topics of their choosing.

Keep up the good, if distasteful, work Wizbang everyone else (Instapundit originally sent me to Wizbang) who has helped Americans and the rest of the world see the Truth.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?