<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

What Apology?

Sen. Durbin said some pretty stupid things and has been rightly flogged in the press and on Capitol Hill. So, after some rhetorical horse whipping, Durbin has decided to apologize. Here's how an Illinois Democrat says he's sorry:

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line," the Illinois Democrat said. "To them I extend my heartfelt apologies."
Interesting.

Not: I am deeply sorry for what I said and regret any harm my comments may have caused to our war against terror and to those fighting that war and their families.

Nor even: I apologize for my insensitive remarks.

No, instead he basically said: You know, some people are overly sensitive and causing me some real political problems. To you, I say, "Sorry"...but to everyone else I say, "Rock On! Fight the power! Impeach Bush!"

Oh well, likely I'm expecting far too much of a politician to actually expect a real apology.

---

Mr. Preston agrees.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?