<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Sunday, June 19, 2005

 

Batman Begins

Not to worry, I'm not going to mention any spoilers.

I saw Batman Begins last night with my girlfriend. She is a huge fan of the original (with Michael Keaton) and has been disappointed by the other two (recent) Batmans (Kilmer and Clooney).

We both agreed that Batman Beings is, by far, the best of them all. It was intense and extremely entertaining. But more than that, it was morally righteous. I found it somewhat ironically amusing that the only place Hollywood seems willing to show us true, upstanding, uncompromising, morals is in a fantasy world. That does not, however, detract from the movie's opening minutes wherein Batman's moral clarity is made explicit, although not overly belabored.

All in all Batman Begins was one of the few movies I've seen in the recent past that was actually worth the price of admission. Go see it, you won't be disappointed.

My hope is that this movie, and others like it, will help people recognize good and evil is their own lives...but perhaps I ask too much...

---

One quick negative note concerns the way the fight scenes were filmed. I wasn't a huge fan. Aside from that, the movie-making aspects where great (although I'm no expert =)).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?