<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Sunday, June 26, 2005

 

Trip To New London

I took a little trip to New London this afternoon to see the contested area for myself. I didn't take any pictures (although the IJ has), but I will tell you that just looking at the Pfizer complex right across the street from this smallish block of houses paints a classic picture of David and Goliath.

The area looks a little run down, a condition I think is at least partly related to the fact that at least a few homeowners have already given in and left. I was, however, extremely heartened to see "This House Is NOT For Sale" signs (from the Institute for Justice) still in the windows of the houses that were still obviously occupied.

With any luck I'll be able to get in touch this week with some of the people involved in this case to see if there's anything the blogosphere can do. Check back from time to time this week for updates.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?