<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Friday, September 03, 2004

 

Kerry Said What?

When I heard that Kerry was going to hold a rally at midnight to respond to the horrible (sniff) things said at the Republican's Convention, I thought it seems just a little tacky. Well, after hearing what he actually said, I think he brought 'tacky' to a whole new level (via The Command Post):

Kerry hits back at 'unfit' Cheney

From correspondents in New York

September 03, 2004

US DEMOCRATIC presidential candidate John Kerry hit back at George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and the Republican National Convention today by labeling the President and Vice President draft dodgers.
Now I've got tell you that I don't know where The Australian got the phrase "draft dodgers". I couldn't find any direct quote attributed to Kerry that contained those two words in order. However, he did have this to say:

"The Vice President even called me unfit for office last night. I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments make someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty."
Let me ask Mr. Kerry a question: Whom did you support in the 1992 and 1996 Presidential elections? Could it have been the real draft dodger? Hum? And what was the Draft Dodger running against? Let's see, 1992: Fighter Pilot in WWII, 1996: Soldier in WWII. Hummm...

Here's what Kerry had to say in 1992 about Bush 41's egregious sin of bringing up the fact that Bill Clinton dodged the draft by running to England where he spoke against his own country and (didn't) smoke pot:

"I'm here personally to express my anger, as a veteran," Kerry told National Public Radio two months before the 1992 election, "that a president who would stand before this nation in his inaugural address and promise to put Vietnam behind us is now breaking yet another promise and trying to use Vietnam and service in order to get himself re-elected."
How can anyone honestly support this guy? This isn't some freaking 'nuance' that changing circumstances has caused him to change is stance on honorably. No, this is just a case of Kerry, "trying to use Vietnam and service in order to get himself" elected. Maybe that's it! I think I've got it! It's not ok to use Vietnam to get re-elected, and it's ok to use it to get elected. I may be on to something here...

Anyway, when did service in the military become a freaking necessary prerequisite to being President, let alone Vice President? Does not having served make you absolutely useless? Does serving mean that you're destined for political glory and success?

This is just another example of the Kerry wanting to focus solely on Vietnam as his major qualification for the presidency. That is, only so long as we don't look too closely.

Update:

I wonder why it took JunkYardBlog to alert me to this (has any seen the Media, I seem to have lost them somewhere along the line).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?