<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

 

Kerry And Edwards

Looks like Kerry has decided on Edwards.

The Command Post has posted a few tid bits about Edwards' stances on various issues:

Supports affirmative action
Supports gay partnership benefits, but would like to leave same-sex marriage legislation up to individual states
Wants to cut research and development funding for oil companies
Supports creation of new domestic intelligence agency
Supports a woman’s right to an abortion
Supports death penalty
Opposes privatizing Social Security
I don't think you could find someone with whom I disagree more. I think that's great! I hope that Edwards pulls Kerry even further Left (that only being possible because of Kerry's consistent and ever-present waffles). That way the Country will have a clear choice: Conservative or Liberal. Then we'd at least get what we deserve.

Update:

Here are a few articles that might prove interesting (some via Drudge). Before we get started, I would like to personally thank Mr. Kerry and his wife (among others) for doing my work for me.

What did Ms. Heinz think as recently as June 17th of this year?

Kerry is likely to name a running mate within two weeks, Heinz said, offering no inside information. "I was very pro-[North Carolina Sen. John] Edwards in the spring," he said. "But now I think we may need someone with stronger credentials on foreign policy."
I guess weak foreign policy is ok.

I'm certainly glad I'm not Kerry's new friend. I'd hate to have some say such nice things about me =):

"In the Senate four years, and that is the full extent of public life - no international experience, no military experience - you can imagine what the advertising is going to be next year," Mr. Kerry said of Mr. Edwards just before the Iowa caucuses, adding: "When I came back from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then. Well, I'm sure he was out of diapers."
Yes, what will the advertising be, Mr. Kerry?

The RNC has a great roundup of Edwards and his various shortcomings (many according to Kerry himself). Here's a good example:

Kerry Mocked Edwards’ “Ambitious” Nature After Only One Term In Elective Office. “The veteran senator also questioned the former trial lawyer’s pursuit of the presidency after less than one term in elective office. ‘And people call me ambitious?’ a Globe reporter once overheard Kerry asking an aide.” (Glen Johnson, “Once a Rival, Edwards Staying Close to Kerry,” The Boston Globe, 6/10/04)
Go check out the rest and prepare yourself for the inevitable conversations with your liberal friends.

Update 2:

Apparently a new Bush add is going to paint Edwards as Kerry's second choice...behind John McCain! (I guess the NY Post was WAY off, huh? =))

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?