<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

 
PC Gone Stupidly Wrong

I just couldn't make myself wait till this evening to comment on this dumb-arse article. The University of Iowa has decided to cancel a baseball game against Bradley University of Peoria (Ill.) because the latter's nickname is the Braves.

Oh boy. It's a good thing I'm typing this because I'm speechless. Political Correctness has just plain gone too far in this country. But as long as we're going off the deep end, I'd like to add my two cents.

I am of Irish-American descent and I find it highly offensive that Notre Dame uses the nickname Fighting Irish and has the image of a little man looking ready to fight, if a bit tipsy. Are they suggesting that all Irish are drunks, short and always looking for a fight? I'm very much hurt by this and ask, no I DEMAND that Notre Dame change it's mascot. If they refuse, then I DEMAND that all schools boycott any athletic competitions with the aforementioned institution until they realize that their insensitivity has hurt me personally and deeply.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?