<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

 
Racism in the UK

Apparently there is a housing complex in London that is being reserved for a very specific group of people. As far as I can tell from the article, it would appear that this complex is being built by a private individual. If this is true, then I would say they can offer the housing to anyone they want. It’s entirely possible that Britain’s law dictates that such housing must be open to all equally. I don’t know. I also suppose that the US might have similar laws, again, I’m not sure.

Regardless, there are three points here. First, this is some form of discrimination. Second, it might not be a terribly bad from of discrimination. After all, if similar people want to live with each other, what do I care? Third, if I build a building I should be able to do pretty much anything I want with it. No way should the government be able to tell me whom and I can or cannot offer the space to. I realize that this is not necessarily the case in reality, but the principle stands.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?