<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Monday, April 26, 2004

 
It's Not Just The US Getting Fat

Apparently the World Health Organization (WHO) has identified obesity as "one of world's three greatest health threats, along with smoking and malnutrition." While this may very well be true, I look forward to disturbing developments. On my way to work, I was listening to NPR (motto: come hear what the Left is saying with your money). Apparently, WHO is in the process of developing a set of guidelines that they hope will be adopted in order to curb globesity. Currently, the US is opposed to the WHO's assessment. I wonder for how long. I'll be keeping on eye on this one, especially with all the crap I took from friends (good-natured crap, of course) about any possibility for a snowballing effect of smoking restrictions. We'll see.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?