<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Monday, January 24, 2005

 

The Sky Is Falling (Again)!

What was that Chicken Little?

More ominously still, it assesses the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere after which the two-degree rise will become inevitable, and says it will be 400 parts per million by volume (ppm) of CO2.

The current level is 379ppm, and rising by more than 2ppm annually - so it is likely that the vital 400ppm threshold will be crossed in just 10 years' time, or even less (although the two-degree temperature rise might take longer to come into effect).
Hold on...........................................................

Ok, I'm back now. Sorry about that, I had to run outside to make sure the sky was still up. I'm happy to report that it is, in fact, where it belongs.

Aside from that I'm not sure it's worth commenting on this fine article. The report that it's, well, reporting is yet another in a long line of pseudoscientific BS. The weather guys can't tell me when its going to rain much better than my trusty coin flip, but this "task force of senior politicians, business leaders and academics from around the world" can tell me, definitively, that an increase of 21ppm CO2 in the atmosphere is going to cause massive global meltdown? You know what? I've got a certain bridge that I'd just love to sell these people. Does anyone have the address of their fallout shelter?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?