<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Thursday, October 28, 2004

 

Medical Students For Choice

I just returned from the MSFC panel discussion What is Choice? which I had mentioned earlier and then promptly buried. It's late and I'm ready to get home, but I wanted to get my initial reaction posted.

The panel consisted of two physicians who provide abortions (both OB/GYNs, one ~60yo and the other ~40yo), a pediatrician and a minister. All were, of course, pro-abortion. The discussion started with opening statements from each of the panelists about what Choice means to them. The general theme was that a woman's right to choose is a fundamental right and should not be abridged for any reason. As a matter of fact, the elder abortion provider stated at one point that: The fetus derives its right from the consent of the mother until birth.

That, to me, is a truly telling statement. Essentially, this doctor is stating that a woman can choose to terminate a pregnancy right up until the moment prior to the actual event of Birth. That means the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester right up and into the contractions of labor a life can be snuffed out.

I asked only one question and it was whether or not any of the panelists had any knowledge of the physical and/or emotional effects following an abortion. Their answers (to a wo/man) indicated that they all believed that any purported association of negative physical outcomes following an abortion were 'muddy science' or a concoction of the 'current administration.' I have not gone deeply into the literature on this myself, but Emily and Annie over at After Abortion might disagree with these conclusions.

For what it's worth, that's all I've got time for right now. If anything else comes to me I'll be back.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?