<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Thursday, July 08, 2004

 

Ann's Column Is Up

As you may have realized, I love Ann Coulter's writing. She has a way of finding important facts, cutting to the heart of the issue at hand and entertaining me all at the same time. This column is no exception:

In one of Edwards' silver-tongued arguments to the jury on behalf of a girl born with cerebral palsy, he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, Jennifer Campbell, who was speaking to the jurors through him:

"She said at 3, 'I'm fine.' She said at 4, 'I'm having a little trouble, but I'm doing OK.' Five, she said, 'I'm having problems.' At 5:30, she said, 'I need out.'"

She's saying, "My lawyer needs a new Jaguar ... "

"She speaks to you through me and I have to tell you right now -- I didn't plan to talk about this -- right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you."

Well, tell her to pipe down, would you? I'm trying to hear the evidence in a malpractice lawsuit.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde on the death of Little Nell, one must have a heart of stone to read this without laughing. What is this guy, a tent-show preacher? An off-the-strip Las Vegas lounge psychic couldn't get away with this routine.

Is Edwards able to channel any children right before an abortionist's fork is plunged into their tiny skulls? Why can't he hear those babies saying, "Let me live! Stop spraying this saline solution all over me!" Edwards must experience interference in channeling the voices of babies about to be aborted. Their liberal mothers' hands seem to muffle those voices.
This story is almost too much to believe (but if you have any doubts see this NYT story).

I find it absolutely amazing, and not a little disturbing, that 1) a human being would sink to the level of claiming to 'channel' a dead child in a court of law and 2) such a 'human being' would even be considered for hamlet sheriff, let alone Senator or even VICE PRESIDENT! What has the Democratic Party come to that they would choose the most boring individual on earth (the waffler) and a lawyer so totally devoid of self-respect, let alone respect for the dead.

Maybe I'm overreacting to this little tid bit from Edwards' past...but it just makes me want to vomit.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?