<$BlogRSDURL$> abbr, acronym { cursor: help; font-style: normal; font-weight:bold; color: #2a548d; /*border-bottom: 1px solid; */ }

Eminent Domain Stuff


New London Update (2/24/06)
Bad NLDC!
Coverage of the Rally at New London's City Hall (w/ pics)

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

 
What if a Handgun Was Found in My Briefcase?

Does anyone honestly think that security at an airport would, upon finding a handgun in my briefcase, detain me "briefly"? Well, maybe they would if I were a Congressman. Now I have no doubt that Mr. Hostettler made an honest mistake. Heck, it could happen to anyone...who forgets they put a gun in their bag.

Once upon a time there was an ideal (although perhaps never a reality) that our government was, well, our government, and I could expect the leaders I choose to be held to standards as high as, or -gasp- higher than, those to which they hold me. It seems that we have forgotten a few things over the past two hundred years. Will we ever get those ideals back? Maybe if Ken Huges has his way.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?